AlphaDrive offers phpBB Hosting for free as part of its web hosting plans. Our one-click Web Apps Installer has the latest version of phpBB available. Simply scroll down to the Web Apps section of your control panel and click the phpBB icon to get started!
What is phpBB?
phpBB is a flat-forum bulletin board software solution that can be used to stay in touch with a group of people or to power your entire website. With an extensive database of user-created modifications and a styles database containing hundreds of style and image packages to customize your board, you can create a unique forum in minutes. No other bulletin board software offers a greater complement of features, while maintaining efficiency and ease of use.
Why choose phpBB?
Newer users will appreciate phpBB's extensive administration panel, which allows the customization of even the most intricate features without having to edit code directly, while advanced users will value the ease with which phpBB can be integrated into existing systems. Some of the main features include:
- Administration - Comprehensive administration control panel which allows you to configure and customize nearly every aspect of your board.
- User Preferences - Completely modularized user control panel to give your users full control over their account.
- Moderation - An arsenal of tools are at your disposal in order to moderate your board.
- Search Engine Spider Handling - Pre-loaded with configuration for over 100 of the most common spiders and optimizes your board when they visit.
- Unread Message Tracking - phpBB keeps track of the topics and posts users have and have not read.
- Private Message System - Users have the ability to send messages to one another directly via the board.
- Flat Topic Structure - phpBB utilizes a flat topic and post structure, rather than threaded.
- BBCode & Custom BBCode - Includes BBCode, an easy to use and highly effective way that users can format their posts, insert images and links, and post emoticons.
- Attachments - Ability to post multiple attachments to posts. The types and size of files allowed is fully configurable.
- Smilies, Emoticons, & Avatars - Help demonstrate personality and emotion in your posts with avatars and smilies! :D
- Quoting - Allows users to quote another user's post within their own.
- Word Censors - Implement word censors and language filters to automatically eliminate or replace choice words or phrases.
- Post Drafts - Allows users to save unfinished posts to their Drafts for later completion.
- Polls - Fully configurable polling feature for topics.
- Password Protected Forums - You can require a unique password to be entered in order for any user to access a single forum.
- Forum-specific Styles - Set individual forums to use a different installed style.
- URL Redirect Forums - Make a forum link directly to a specified URL instead of the forum itself.
- Subforums - Unlimited number of subforums.
- Subscribe to Forums & Topics - Users can subscribe and be notified of any new topics or posts made.
- Custom Profile Fields - Includes an assortment of profile fields (such as AIM/ICQ accounts), but you may also add completely custom fields.
- Install/Manage Custom Styles - Fully customizable style. Either create a new style or tweak an existing one, including the CSS themes, template files, and images. These can be customized right from the Admin Control Panel.
What if I need help with my phpBB website?
The phpBB Support Website contains excellent documentation on all the features of the forum/board software. The site also has a searchable knowledgebase, and of course, a user forum where you can ask questions.
What websites use phpBB?
phpBB is used by countless websites around the world, and is possibly the most popular forum software on the market. Here are just a few web sites that use phpBB:
How do I get started?
Sign up for one of AlphaDrive's web hosting plans. Once your account is set up, we will email you a login to your web hosting control panel. Log in and click the phpBB icon located in the Web Apps section. Click Install and follow the instructions to get started!